- one pound broccoli florets
- five cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- one medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 cans 284 ml (568 ml) cream of celery soup
- ¼ tsp. seasoned salt
- a quarter tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ pound Velveeta cheese
- two c sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for serve
- Crumbled savory crackers, for serving
In slow cooker, combine broccoli, chicken broth, onions, carrots, cream of celery and spices.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Use a hand blender or potato masher to puree the soup by three-quarters for a delicious texture with a few chunky bits.
Add the melted cheese and the cheddar then mix.
Cover, lower the temperature to low and cook for 15 minutes.
Taste the soup and add what you want: more salt, more pepper, etc.
Serve hot. Garnish with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a few crumbled crackers.