- one sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- one ⅓ cup frozen peas and carrots
- ⅔ cup frozen corn kernels
- two tablespoons of butter
- a quarter cup all-purpose flour
- two cups of milk
- one teaspoon crumbled dried thyme, or to taste
- two cups diced cooked chicken
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step by step
Preheat oven 375 degrees F (one hundred ninety degrees C).
Using a pizza cutter, cut the puff pastry into 8 equal-sized strips. Weave the strips into a square lattice and place them on a greased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Place frozen peas, carrots and corn in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until cooked but still firm, 5 to 10 minutes.
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the milk and stir while cooking until the mixture is smooth. Add the thyme and continue cooking, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Stir in cooked vegetables and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes.
Pour chicken mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Place the lattice of dough on it. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.